New kindergarten enrolments
Enrolments for Kindergarten are taken the year before the child starts school. Please ensure that you complete the Enrolment form. Kindergarten children must be five years old by the 31st July in order to be enrolled. You will need to provide the following documentation prior to your child starting school.
- Birth certificate or passport
- Complete Immunisation certificate (not the blue book)
- Proof of residential address, (eg original copies of council rates notice, lease agreement, electricity account, statutory declaration etc)
Students arriving from overseas will need to bring their passports and visas when enrolling at school and special conditions may exist for some visa holders.
Priority is given to children who live within the school boundary and siblings. Out of area applications for enrolment are only offered if a vacancy exists.
Download the Application to enrol in a NSW Government School form.
Kinder Orientation and Transition to School
Kindergarten Orientation days are held each year in October with transition sessions held in November. This allows the new students to become familiar with the school prior to their first day of school. The new children are also linked with their Year 6 buddy for the following year.
Kindergarten – the first day
Kindergarten children commence school after students in Years 1 – 6 start. You will be welcomed by the Principal who will introduce you to your child’s new teacher.
Your child will need:
- A school bag which he/she can easily open
- A snack for ‘little lunch’ (recess)
- A sandwich, drink and fruit for ‘big lunch’
- An old shirt to protect your child’s uniform for art
- A library bag.
View more information about starting school on the department’s starting kindergarten soon webpage.