Our new online enrolment process makes it easier and faster to enrol your child at your local school.
To apply online, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- live in the local enrolment area of this school.
Enrolments for Kindergarten are taken the year before the child starts school. Please ensure that you complete the Enrolment form. Kindergarten children must be five years old by the 31st July in order to be enrolled. You will need to provide the following documentation prior to your child starting school.
- Birth certificate or passport
- Complete Immunisation certificate (not the blue book)
- The following 100-point residential address check is used to determine the student’s entitlement to enrol at the school.
Students arriving from overseas will need to bring their passports and visas when enrolling at school and special conditions may exist for some visa holders.
Priority is given to children who live within the school boundary and siblings. Out of area applications for enrolment are only offered if a vacancy exists.
Download SCPS Enrolment Guidelines
Download the Application to enrol in a NSW Government School form.
Kinder Orientation and Transition to School
Kindergarten Orientation days are held each year in Term 4. This is an opportunity for families to familiarise themselves with the school environment, meet teachers, office staff, and other families. The new children are also linked with their Year 4 buddy for the following year.
Information Evening For Kindergarten 2022
South Coogee Public School will be holding an Information Night for families starting Kindergarten in 2022. This Information Evening will be held online and is only for families who have enrolled.
A Day In The Life Of Kindergarten
Experience a day in the life of Kindergarten and see what fun and wonderful activities we get up to!
Kindergarten – the first day
Kindergarten children commence school after students in Years 1 – 6 start. You will be welcomed by the Principal who will introduce you to your child’s new teacher.
Your child will need:
- A school bag which he/she can easily open
- A little fruit or vegetable snack for ‘Crunch and Sip’
- A snack for ‘little lunch’ (recess)
- A sandwich, drink and fruit for ‘big lunch’
- An art smock or old shirt
- A library bag.
View more information about starting school on the department’s starting kindergarten soon webpage.